Monday, July 16, 2012

Ach du meine Gute!!!! (oh my goodness)

Hallo!! Guten Morgen.

Okay, first off, I have a box that I will be leaving with mine and Tyson's temple clothes and a bunch of Tyson's letters. So, Mom and Dad, you need to get ahold of grandma and Grandpa soon, because I will be leaving that today.

I woke up at 5:30 to help Tyson get his stuff down to the travel office. Haha he woke up at about 5:30 too!! His alarms (or apparently the alarms of his roommates) didn't go off. So an exciting morning! We said goodbye and then he went to the bus. It wasn't too hard this morning, but last night when thinking about it, while we were singing "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" no less, it was a weird feeling. But, all is well, and he is still in the US for now haha. His mail won't take too long.

Next up: Travel Plans. So, we have to be at the office at 8 am tomorrow. Flight from SLC to Amsterdam is Delta Flight 232 (11:15am Tuesday, arrive 8:15 Wed). Flight from Amsterdam to Munich is Delta flight 9564 (departs 9:30am Wed and arrives 10:55am Wed). They charge $75 as I believe I said, and I will just pay that with my debit card and keep the receipt. Elder Botcherby has a phone card for me, since his mom sent him about 4 haha. I can call in SLC I'm sure. Wow, I just had major deja vu...have I written this exact thing before? I don't know anymore haha. Yeah, we are Delta the whole way. And I am basically all packed, except for the stuff I use today. I am doing laundry right now.

Okay, thanks for all the emails! I can't print them out right now, because I am in the laundry room this morning. But I think I could later if I need to. Or perhaps you guys just print them out and put them in a scrap book. I don't know how you do it.

That is so exciting for Jacci and Chad!!! Hallie/Hally is a great name. I am glad that she could be born amid these hard times. I am so excited for them!

Last night, our fireside was Jenny Oaks Baker!! It was very cool and interesting. Elder Barr loved it of course. There was a part when she was playing "I Know that my Redeemer lives" (my favorite Hymn!) and she was playing like two parts at once! It was a single-person duet.

Mom, I got your last letter, and was glad that Brad's funeral went well. I hope the Lord is always comforting them. I pray for them daily.

Dad, we have actually talked a lot about working with members (as I probably mentioned before). But Bruder Ehlen actually told us to be the first ones to bear testimony on fast Sundays. He was promised while he was there, that if he and his companion went up first and bore testimony about missionary work, the rest of the meeting, all the other testimonies, would be about missionary work. And he said it worked every single time. Bruder Ehlen was really good at working with members, and I hope I can be too. We will probably get to introduce ourselves next Sunday, in some random German ward. That is weird to think about haha.

So, I got to speak yesterday! It was on the Atonement, and the meetings before sacrament went long. Therefore, I had 5 minutes to prepare. The one time haha. But I think it went good. I didn't even say all the things I wanted to, but I felt as though I was talking for too long, so I ended. Always be prepared!!!

I have a few letters to write before I take off tomorrow. So Ben, Sis. Eagley, Allie, and whoever else is expecting a reply will get one later this week. But I won't be here anymore haha. How exciting. I hope all is going well for you guys! All my friends and family. You are always in my prayers, and I appreciate your support.

Well, I have a lot to do today. And I will be sitting for a long time tomorrow... I am excited to talk to people and be fed on the plane! I do love the Delta biscoff cookies ;) But I am going to Europe, and will be there for the next 22 months. How lucky I am, and I can't wait to serve those in my mission. I don't know where I will be headed, but when I see that first person on the street who I know I have to talk to, I will think of your support and love and then try to bring this person happiness they have been lacking. I love you all so much! Tyson will be great in New Mexico too. Be happy always, and when anything is holding you back, change it now. Never stop smiling :)

I love you--Elder Jalen Lawrence Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment