Monday, May 13, 2013

Grüaß euch!

There is a sunset, kind of, just the colors from our window
 
Our district: from left to right, me, Elder Abbott, Elder Jones,
 Elder Allan, Sister Regnier, and Sister Garrett
 
Check out how we magnify our tiny little speakers :) pretty clever, ge?
 
 
Hey, long time no see! Or write...or whatever you would say. It was too bad the internet connection kept going off over there. Elder Allan´s family had actually just bought a new router, and his picture was so clear and the playback was great. Of course, the first thing he thought was, "Why did you wait till I was gone?" haha. :) But I enjoyed it very much, even with Max´s obsession with dead horses... :o . Nay, ´s war halt lustig. :)
 
Anyway, what do I tell you now? Well, I told you a bit about our awesome week, well just one day, when we gave out all the Books of Mormon we had and had two awesome lessons. But I can still add on to that. Our lesson with the guys from Congo was really cool, we talked about the power of prayer, and the one who speaks more English told us about when he was in a bad accident in the past, and the doctors all said he would never walk again. But he told them that he would pray to his Jesus, and he would walk. And walk he does today! <-- did that make sense in English? We have made lots of jokes this week wondering how Yoda would speak in German, since the grammar is similar.... Anyway, that was a cool miracle in his life. And we were able to bear testimony and promise them more blessings through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it :) Then, our meeting with B_____, the woman from Ghana, was so cool! Pres. Reisinger was there with us and shared his testimony about eternal families and how to know if the Book of Mormon is true. We focused on the family, and always brought it back to how the family would be together forever, but only through the covenants and the authority in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. And she said she would pray about the Book of Mormon and that she would be baptized when she knows it is true! This week we will set a date for her to work towards, so that her family can be together forever. That would be worth a lifetime of work, oder? Not to mention a short two years as a missionary.
 
Something else I noticed this week was that I was much more straightforward and bold in talking to people. I told them what I knew, why I knew it, and what it meant for them and for me. We spoke very plainly about how the blessings of the gospel are obtained by obedience, and by making covenants through the authority of the Priesthood. And I feel more successful, at least happier with my work. It is all so simple and plain to me, why we need the Book of Mormon, why we go to church, why we try to live like Christ, and I just don't understand why some people don't get it, won't even try to ask. I am amazed by the influence that Satan has in the world. Like I said, it makes me sick. And what a "wretched man am I... because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me." I read in Doctrine and Covenants this morning, section 49, about the Shakers and the things that they kinda didn't understand... I will not go off on my rant that I did this morning as we dicussed how ridiculous it was that people believed those things, but suffice it to say that it is wahnsinn how much hold Satan has on the hearts of the children of men. Get yourselves hence from the world, is the warning! Protect your fellowmen, yourself, your family. We have so much work to do, and we can only do it with the Lord.
 
The gospel is simple, so plain. If anyone doesn't know why we have the Book of Mormon, just read 1 Nephi 13 and 14, ja? The words written in those chapters, and in every chapter and book and verse of the Book of Mormon are true, I testify. Joseph Smith did NOT write the Book of Mormon. He translated it. He did not slip in details that would help him establish a church for any reason. He did all that he did as a servant called of the Lord, and anyone who denies that is distancing themselves from the Lord, and as Elder Holland puts it, is in for many long nights and empty nets. Trust in the Lord, trust in His chosen servants, and it will be well with you. You will not be exempt from afflictions or trials, that was never said to us. But we will be given the power to change our circumstances, change our perspective, and to grow.
 
"Hark all ye nations! hear heaven´s voice thru every land, that all may rejoice, angels of glory shout the refrain, truth is restored again!"
 
I love that song, I could listen to it over and over on Elder Allan´s ipod (I don't have it on mine :/). The truth is here, we know it, and we can and will give it to others. If no one I talk to will realize it, I have come to know it! So have many others, and we are in every land and among every people in the world, where the people have accepted us. There is something behind us, yes. So many people say that there must be something there, if two young men are over here in Germany and doing something that is so hard. And we say, "Yes there is something there! Don´t you want to find out?" So many have no desire. But God will lead us and has led us to those who are ready.
 
Those have been my thoughts through the last week, although they have come together much neater than how they came to me, ha. You got the refined version. The gospel is true, Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father, our Father, and He has revealed His truth in the last days through prophets, just as He did from the beginning of the world on. He is a God of miracles, He is a God of healing. Let yourself be healed through Him, and go forward with faith. What more can I say?
 
I love you all! I hope you have a great week, and just be happy, smile, and praise the Lord for His goodness, ge?
 
Elder Jalen Gibbons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment